This is another form of poker which is quite popular world wide. The keywords for this game is one must have patience as well as skills. The 7-card poker stud can be played with at most 8 players, and a dealer from the poker casino also participates in a passive role.
The maximum number of bets double after the third round of betting so the players are needed to properly estimate that when to hold or when to fold as per his cards in hand.
Goal of the game: To finish with the best poker hand and win the pot.
Steps of the game: 3 cards are dealt to each player, 2 of them being “hole cards”, and one card is exposed. After the initial deal betting round starts. The poker players then gets 3 more exposed cards, one at a time, and there exist a betting round after each deal. Another hole card is dealt and the last betting round is done after which players exposes their hidden cards. Then the hands are compared, highest 5-card poker hand wins the poker pot.
Sequence of play: All the players puts an ante on the table.
3rd Street – 3 cards are dealt to each player, 2 of them are personal cards (“hole cards” also known as “pocket cards”), and one card is exposed (door card). At this point, the Player with the lowest card is to start the betting.
First round of betting takes place – options are to check, fold, bet, or raise.
4th Street – the fourth card is dealt – face-up and begins the 2nd Betting round. Players can choose to check, fold, bet, or raise in their turn.
5th Street – the fifth card is dealt – face-up and then the 3rd betting round takes place.
Betting round options are to check, fold, bet, or raise.
6th Street – the sixth card is dealt – face-up. Now, 4th round of betting takes place and its valid options for the players are to check, fold, bet, or raise.
River Card /7th Street– Here the final card is dealt facing it down this time.
Final round of betting follows. If two or more Players are still there in the game for the pot when the betting concludes, the hands are shown
The Showdown! All remaining Players create the best possible poker hand using 5 out of the 7 cards. The two Players with the best high and low hands split the pot!
Finally few useful tips
- The cards which could have improved your hand considerably are visible in your opponent’s hands, don’t think about them they are dead for you.
- In a suit there are 13 cards, you need five cards to make a flush. If the cards you are looking for is with your opponent’s hand then it is obvious that they won’t be dealt to you. On the other hand, if you can’t see them, chances are there that they will be dealt to you. So plan your hand accordingly.
- While betting you can go on betting high money if you have a “big pair”, restrict yourself when you see your opponent betting more then you, that dose means that he is having bigger pair in his hands.
- Fifth Street is a make or break point. As you know the bet amount will be doubled every round so you must be sure that you have a winning hand other wise abstain from betting this will save further loses.
- Don’t hesitate to fold if another Player’s exposed cards beat your entire hand. Because in most of such cases you chance of loosing is high.
- If you are trying to compete a straight, check to see if another Player displays the cards you need.
- You can then adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Fold when necessary. Seven-Card Stud poker is a game of patience; so do not bet all your money on losing hands.
Visit Our Recommended Video Poker Site to Play Online Poker