The Best Golden Rules of Gambling:
- Gamble only with money you can afford to lose.
- Decide beforehand how much you want to spend during your gambling session.
- Don’t exceed your predetermined spending limit if you lose.
- When you are winning, pocket some of the winnings – then gamble only with the remainder.
- If you decide to increase your bets, do so only when you are winning and then only in small increments.
- Never ever play when you are tired.
- Never ever play when you have been drinking.
- Only play games in which you know the rules of the game. Play the “For Free” or “Offline” version of the casino game until you are familiar with the rules.
- Play only at games you can afford. You should be able to cover at least 25 bets during a session.
- Keep your gambling and winning expectations reasonable.
- After five consecutive losses, either quit or play a different game.
- If you find yourself in a losing streak don’t chase the lost money. It’s much better to cut your losses at $100 rather than lose $1000 just trying to get the $100 back.
- If you have a losing session, try to maintain a positive attitude – just consider it a deposit that you’ll be back to withdraw at another time!
- If it’s not fun anymore – quit !
- If you find yourself becoming obsessed or addicted to gambling or your gambling is out of control – YOU NEED HELP NOW !
Gamblers Anonymous: www.gamblersanonymous.org
Find a Gamblers Anonymous (GA) Meeting: www.800gambler.org
GA Chat Room and Resource Directory: www.cybersober.com